Job Family Overview
Photonic Integrated Circuit Design Engeneers are tasked with implementing creative solutions to accelerate Integrated Circuit design and silicon tapeout of non-volatile memory products and adjacent solutions, such as Silicon Photonics.
We drive the forefront of silicon photonics integration and advance technology for the world’s first hybrid silicon laser, as well as lead industry with our cutting-edge technology and efficient, scalable high-volume manufacturing.
An Insight into What You'll Do
A career at Intel is about using and developing your skills to achieve amazing possibilities. As A Photonic Integrated Circuit Design engineer, you will be tasked with taking on a technical leadership role in the development of many design flows. Some of the tasks you can expect to do include:
- Simulation and design of waveguide devices such as arrayed waveguide gratings, switches, multiplexers, demultiplexers, and coherent receivers
- Layout (convert designs into GDSII format) as required •Propose and implement design solutions to meet internal requirements and/or customer specifications
- Evaluate design solutions with physics-based simulations and detailed comparison with test data
- Generate new software required to meet design and analysis goals
- Train all design team members on design principles and practices that get applied
- Direct and/or conduct optical experiments as needed to support design efforts
- Conduct yield analysis to provide feedback for design optimization
- Present findings to cross-functional teams
- Work on issues of integration with InP-and silicon-based devices
- Support related teams including fab, test, packaging, and offshore engineering teams to ensure production of low cost, high yield PLC-based products
- Propose innovative solutions to meet new PLC-based product or market requirements
- You will also contribure and drive aptitude for research and development silicon photonic space.
An Insight into What You'll Bring
Your expertise will help create faster disruptive optical solutions for Intel through use of optical physics and photonics. You'll also need to demonstrate capability with photonics simulation software development in various environments, optical design / development of telecom components.