Microprocessor Product Development Engineer
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Here is your opportunity to be part of an exciting team focused on making Intel the industry leader driving disruptive computing changes to expand markets and continue growth for Intel.
Data Center Xeon group is looking for an energetic and passionate electrical/electronic/software engineer with a strong interest in Product Development Engineering to be part of a team responsible for the test development of the next generation Intel Xeon Server Scalable Processors.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual, who wants to be part of a high-performance technical team, in a dynamic challenging environment and has a strong interest in leading state of the art of digital circuit testing and development.
As a Product Development Engineer your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Ensure the testability and manufacturability of integrated circuits from the component feasibility stage through production ramp make significant contributions to design development and validation of testability circuits
- Creates and tests validation and production test hardware solutions
- Evaluation, development and debug of complex test methods.
- Tests validates modifies and redesigns circuits to guarantee component margin to specification
- Analyzes and evaluates component specification versus performance to ensure optimal match of component requirements with production equipment capability with specific emphasis on yield analysis and bin split capability
- Analyzes early customer returns with emphasis on driving test hole closure activities
- Creates and applies concepts for optimizing component production relative to both quality and cost constraints
- Autonomously plans and schedules own daily tasks develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment.
- Early engage with Design/Architect counterparts to familiarize with DFT
- Generate and validate tests content along the different pre-silicon stages
- People oriented
- Strategic thinking and budgeting skills
- Self-driven and strong team player.
- Strong Problem Solving and Data Analysis Skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Bachelor´s, Licenciate or Master´s degree in Electrical Electronics or Computer Engineering or related area.
- Bachelors with 2+ years of engineering experience in relevant fields. Or Licentiate degree with 1+ years of applicable experience.
- Programming languages such as perl, python C/C++ or similar language
- Computer and system architecture concepts.
- Understanding of electronic circuits, its associated test methods, and fault models.
- Advanced English verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must have permanent unrestricted right to work in Costa Rica
Inside this Business Group
- Masters with 5+ years of relevant work experience in relevant fields, along with 3-year
- Major in Digital Circuits or Computer Architecture
- Experience in Testing Methodologies, Test content development, generation, and validation.
- Test content development generation and validation
- Good understanding and or experience in DFT hardware testing methods and tools
- Experience in logic validation and characterization
- Fundamental knowledge of DFx including exposure to Automated Test Equipment tester platforms
- Experience in testing techniques and tester debug using software and hardware debug tools.
- Demonstrated team technical leadership and demonstrated project management skills are highly desirable.
- Data science experience in engineering fields and big data application development is a plus
- Experience in leadership positions (examples: project management, team lead, management, leading key projects/teams)
In the Design Engineering Group (DEG), we take pride in developing the best-in-class SOCs, Cores, and IPs that power Intel’s products. From development, to integration, validation, and manufacturing readiness, our mission is to deliver leadership products through the pursuit of Moore’s Law and groundbreaking innovations. DEG is Intel’s engineering group, supplying silicon to business units as well as other engineering teams. As a critical provider of all Intel products, DEG leadership has a responsibility to ensure the delivery of these products in a cost efficient and effective manner.