Embedded Applications Engineer
Do you enjoy designing with FPGAs? Would you like to be part of passionate and highly talented team of applications engineers working on the next generation technologies that will transform the industry?
Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) is leading the way to transform the Datacenter with a portfolio of FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) accelerated platforms and solutions for cloud infrastructure processing.
Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) is leveraging hard and soft processor-based systems within FPGAs as a new and disruptive approach to address the embedded processing, configuration, and security processing. In this position, you will be joining the Customer Experience Group as an Embedded Applications Engineer specializing in embedded systems.
A successful candidate is willing to take on the challenge of learning hands-on experience developing and debugging embedded systems. The candidate should be skilled at managing multiple, challenging, inter-disciplinary projects, delivering quality results on time. Experience driving cross-functional groups is essential.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Identifying innovative processes to improve the efficiency of the workflow and drive change throughout the organization.
- Liaising between the customers and engineering to align requirements, schedules, and drive resolutions and escalations.
- Reviewing system architectural specification requirements and design a best-in-class customer journey by identifying user collateral assets such as user guides, application notes and design examples, use cases, user personas and customer touchpoints (such as the web, git repository, forums etc.).
- Evaluating the product releases and liaise with engineering to provide feedback on customer use cases and ease-of-use.
- Developing technical assets such as user guides, application notes, design examples, demos and customer training that will enable users to successfully design with our products.
- Responding to customer technical questions, debug, reproduce customer issues, drive issue resolution with the engineering organization as well as drive Close-Loop Corrective Action (CLCA).
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM field (documentation related to Bachelor's degree completion will be required).
- 1+ years of experience with some of the following:
- Processor architectures such as ARM, RISC-V, and Intel Xeon.
- Processor concepts such as bus interfaces, caching, memory interfaces, and inter-processor protocols such as Avalon and AMBA/AXI.
- Common system peripherals such as Ethernet, USB, UART, SPI, etc.
- Diagnosing system-level issues down to the constituent ingredients at the board, FPGA, or software level.
- Intermediate to advanced English.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with FPGA design flow with tools such as Quartus Prime and Platform Designer.
- Experience with embedded development tools such as debuggers, compilers, simulators, etc.
- Familiarity with device and system security concepts, including authentication and encryption.
- Experience leading cross-functional team projects.
- Experience with embedded software, such as bootloaders, drivers, hypervisors, or Linux.
The Data Center & Artificial Intelligence Group (DCAI) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.Work Model for this Role
This role is available as fully home-based and generally would require you to attend Intel sites only occasionally based on business need.