Linux Software Systems Applications Engineer
Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) is leading the way to transform the Datacenter with a portfolio of FPGA accelerated platforms and software frameworks for end applications such as VRAN and Cloud Infrastructure Processing.
In this position, you will be joining the Customer Experience Group as a Linux Software Systems Applications Engineer specializing in systems featuring Intel processors and FPGA devices.
A successful candidate is a Linux software developer, who has hands-on experience with Linux stack and driver architecture and tool flows.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing product requirements and designing a best-in-class customer journey by identifying user collateral assets such as user guides, application notes and design examples, use cases, user personas and customer touchpoints (such as the web, git repository, forums etc.).
- Reviewing software architectural specifications and requirements and performing product evaluations and provide feedback on ease of use.
- Defining and developing unit tests and performing checkout to ensure the readiness of feature releases.
- Developing technical assets such as user guides, application notes, design examples, demos, and customer training that will enable users to successfully design with our products.
- Responding to customer technical questions, debugging, reproducing customer issues, driving issue resolution with the engineering organization as well as drive Close-Loop Corrective Action (CLCA).
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM field (documentation related to Bachelor's degree completion will be required).
- 3+ years of applications engineering or system design experience
- 2+ years of experience with Linux Architecture, kernel, drivers, user space applications, and tools.
- 2+ years of experience with device and kernel driver development with Linux.
- 2+ years of experience with installation and troubleshooting of Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux Distributions (e.g. CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu OS).
- 2+ years of experience with boot software (UEFI or Uboot), PXE Boot, BIOS.
- 2+ years of experience with debugging system level issues over PCIe protocol.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with Orchestration frameworks, containers, and virtualization.
- Experience with networking software such as Intel Data plane development kit (DPDK), Open Virtual Switch (OvS), Intel Storage Plane Development Kit (SPDK) etc.
- Experience with Board Management Controller frameworks (Redfish, OpenBMC etc.).
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.