Technical Training Engineer
Love teaching others? Come join the Customer Experience Group (CEG) for Intel's Programmable Solutions (PSG) within Intel's Data Center and AI (DCAI) business unit. Conduct world class and professional live technical training sessions for engineers on using Intel FPGA products. These sessions are held both virtually and in person for customer audiences and internal teams. Plan training events, and network with customers and institutions.
We are looking for a candidate to teach and develop classes for our SoC (System on a Chip) FPGA product lines.
On a regular basis, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching customers in live instructor-led classes. Most of our classes are conducted virtually, but travel may be required when it is allowed per Intel policy and local laws.
- Developing new and updated curriculums comprised of courses and lab work for online and live instructor-led learning.
- Growing your knowledge as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) by actively learning and participating in key support and planning meetings.
- Planning training events in coordination with the sales, support, and university program teams.
- Exploring and helping to implement modern platforms for training.
- Preparing course content for insertion into a Learning Management System.
- Conducting train-the-trainer sessions to enable colleagues and partners to teach content in assigned technical specialties.
- Work cross functionally to acquire source material and assist in publishing and promoting classes and online content.
The chosen candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below:
- Verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn and teach innovative products and solutions.
- Orchestration skills to excel in an international organization comprised of a multitude of business groups.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related STEM field of study (documentation related to Bachelor's degree completion will be required).
- 5+ years of experience in developing, supporting, or teaching embedded software.
- 2+ years of experience with Verilog or SystemVerilog, VHDL, or embedded C programming.
- 5+ years of experience in FPGA products and tools.
- 2+ years of experience in a role that requires teaching or making frequent presentations.
- 6+ months of experience with products and technologies related to Embedded applications.
- Advanced English level.
- Candidate must be willing to travel per business need.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with the embedded Linux flow, including U-Boot.
- Knowledge and experience with FPGA development.
- Experience with Intel Quartus Prime Software and Platform Designer.
- Experience with designing instructor-led and online classes and/or webinars.
- DevOps experience such as setting up cloud computing environments and integrating SaaS systems using REST APIs.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.