Intel NPG(Network Platforms Group) is a sub-group of Intel DPG(Data Platforms Group). Intel NPG is committed to transform the network to connect and Enrich the World. Intel NPG is engaged in the research and development of silicon, hardware and software of network platforms to promote the transformation and evolution of the technologies of SDN NFV, 5G, Cloud and Edge networks. We are now hiring Edge computing Software Engineers. In this position, you will join a world class team in Intel NPG and work with top talents in the industry, make direct contribution to the most popular technologies and open source communities like Linux kernel, QEMU, DPDK, QAT, FD.io, Smart Edge (OpenNESS) and develop network software infrastructures to lead network transformation in SDN NFV, Cloud, 5G, etc. You will have the opportunity to work on world leading technologies such as CPU micro-architecture, Virtualization, Ethernet, FPGA, Data Compression, Network Security; Crypto, Visual Cloud etc. Your daily work includes but not limited to software development of the silicon and chipsets drivers, applications and upstream into open source projects to enable latest cutting-edge technologies, software validation test, performance tuning and optimization, research and innovation on high performance packet processing and content processing to solve industry challenges in network evolution.
- Solid C programming skills and familiar with GNU Toolchain (GCC/MAKE/GDB)
- Understanding of Linux/FreeBSD like system and Internals
- Understanding of Intel Architecture, or other processor architectures
- Strong desire to learn and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent in spoken and written EnglishAdded
- Good knowledge of Virtualization and Container technologies
- Solid knowledge on TCP/IP and Linux networking internals
- Knowledge of PKE, encryption and decryption, IPSec...
- Knowledge of data compression
- Experience with open source development
- Knowledge of Git or similar
- Good understanding on SDN/NFV, Virtual Switching, Cloud Native, Edge Computing
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.