The Silicon Technology Prototyping team within Intel Labs is looking for SoC designers wishing to engage in the experience of building Intel's future generation technologies while working alongside Intel's very talented circuit designers.
In this role, your responsibilities can include but not be limited to:
- Execute block level synthesis, floorplanning, clock tree synthesis, place and route, timing closure and layout cleanup.
- Drive the block level's timing, Design Rule Checks (DRC), Layout Versus Schematic (LVS), Formal Equivalence Verification (FEV) convergence as well as participate in full chip convergence.
- Work alongside circuit designers to debug timing constraints and debug circuit implementation issues.
- Develop design implementation methodologies, design flow automations and improvements on existing flows which increase productivity.
*Domestic relocation may be approved to support relocation within Mexican states.
- Intermediate English Level
- Bachelor's in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or related field of study.
- 3+ years experience in VLSI or ASIC/SOC design in one or more of the following areas: RTL synthesis, floorplaning, placement, Clock Tree Synthesys (CTS), routing, layout verification, static timing analysis
- Knowledge of Hardware Description Languages like Verilog, System Verilog, VHDL
- 4+ months of scripting languages
- 4+ months of CMOS layout concepts
- Master's degreee in Electrical, Computer Engineering, or related field of study. Professional Licence (Cédula Profesional) is required
- Experience with industry standard IC CAD tools such as Synopsys Design Compiler, IC Compiler II, PrimeTime, etc.
- Physical design experience with high performance and/or ultra-low power IC design.
- Knowledge of TCL, PERL and UNIX scripting languages
Requirements / experience listed would be obtained through a combination of industry relevant job experience, internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.