Senior FPGA - PCIe/Memory Application Engineer
Intel Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) is leading the way to transform the Datacenter with a portfolio of FPGA accelerated platforms and devices for SmartNIC and Infrastructure Processing.
In this position, you will be joining the Customer Experience Group as an FPGA design applications engineer specializing in systems featuring Intel processors and FPGA devices. A successful candidate is an FPGA designer who has hands-on experience designing solutions for systems that interface with memory, host PCIe and networking (e.g. Ethernet MAC etc.) and other custom IP.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Review product requirements and design a best in class customer journey by identifying assets, use cases, user personas and touchpoints (web, git repository, forums etc.).
- Review architectural specifications and requirements, perform product evaluations and provide feedback on ease of use.
- Define and develop unit tests and perform checkout to ensure the readiness of feature releases.
- Develop technical assets such as user guides, application notes, design examples, demos and training that will enable users to successfully design with our products.
- Respond to customer technical questions, debug, reproduce customer issues, drive issue resolution with the engineering organization as well as drive Close-Loop Corrective Action (CLCA).
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's or Masters or PhD degree in Computer Systems Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or related with a minimum of 3+ years of relevant PCIe or Memory validation experience, System or Electrical validation experience or Design experience.
Experience working with:
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with FPGA design using Verilog or VHDL, RTL simulation, timing closure, Industry standard IP interfaces (e.g. AXI, Avalon etc.).
- System level debug, replication and root cause identification of issues that feature both hardware and software.
- Systems that use PCIe protocol, virtualization, DMA and networking protocols.
- Familiarity with SmartNIC and Infrastructure Processing technologies such as OvS, NIC, Packet Processing functions (Parser, TCAM Look ups etc.), RDMA/ROCe and NVMe.
- Experience with high speed serial transceivers (e.g. SERDES) using FPGAs or ASICs, high speed board design, and high speed serial bus protocols (e.g. PCI Express, Gigabit Ethernet, XAUI, Interlaken) and/ or design experience using FPGAs with high performance external memory interface controllers and protocols including DDR3 SDRAM and/or QDRII SRAM.
- High speed board design experience with FPGAs or ASICs, power distribution network design, board layout, and signal integrity analysis including using simulation tools, and related hardware lab equipment.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.