What you will be doing:
• Develop and implement electrical validation strategy for CPU IO interfaces
• Perform Si and platform debug to root cause issues and enable robust design fixes
• Work with hardware BIOS HVM and functional teams on implementations and recommend solutions
• Develop validation script with Si DFX features and platform hooks
• Use standard lab equipment for measurement and characterization
• Automate test systems to complete EV execution
• Interact with cross functional teams to provide electrical health assessment
• Design KIT Pre-Si Validation HVM test and others as part of the whole EV process
• Develop and document electrical validation requirements and tests for verification of Si designs
• Investigates and resolves complex issues with hardware BIOS Firmware Operating System implementations and recommends solutions
• Uses analysis to resolve electronic issues
Educational experience listed below would be obtained through relevant schoolwork, internships, jobs and/or research experience.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related discipline and 4+ years of relevant work experience; OR Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related discipline and 3+ years of relevant work experience; OR PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related discipline and 1+ years of relevant work experience in the following:
A developed understanding of high-speed analog and digital circuits of CPU IO
Experience in mixed signal design validation RTL design and/or scripting in pre or post Si environment
Experience in software development and demonstrated proficiency with Python
Experience with hardware lab with test equipment computer systems and/or test stations
Preferred Qualifications :
Developed understanding of high-speed hardware design including schematic capturing and layout design
Developed understanding of signal integrity and power delivery network
Developed understanding of USB3.2 USB4 Display Port (DP) HDMI PCIe standards (this is a strong plus)
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado: