F11X Dry Etch Technology Development Process Engineer
To deliver the silicon technology, the Intel NSG Rio Rancho Technology Development (RTD) group is looking for experienced Dry Etch Technology Development Process Engineers to help develop Optane and NAND technology. As a Dry Etch Technology Development Process Engineer, you will be responsible for developing dry etch processes for successive memory technology development nodes and transferring them to high volume manufacturing. You will work closely with integration, device, and the other unit process areas to define the memory technology roadmap and turn that roadmap into reality.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record developing dry etch processes in memory or logic, collaborating with cross-functional/cross-company teams including equipment and material vendors, and driving dry etch process improvements to achieve electrical and yield performance targets on schedule.
The ideal successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of dry etch fundamentals including plasma physics.
- Have 2 years of experience developing one or more dry etch processes in either logic or memory.
- Plan and conduct experiments to fully characterize the process throughout the development cycle.
- Have a track record of innovation and invention in the area of dry etch process, equipment and materials, working in a fab in integrated chip process development.
- Strive to achieve and deliver leading edge process capability, yield, cost and manufacturability. This will involve exceptional collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and tool vendors to meet challenging program goals.
- Participate in dry etch process roadmap definition to meet requirements, goals and milestones for a new technology process.
- Define and establish flow, procedures, and equipment configuration for the module.
- Select and develop material and equipment for the process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Engage closely with tool vendors. Drive escalations and ensure resolution to any process and/or equipment problems.
- Drive improvements on quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity and safety/ergonomic over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operating personnel.
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem solving tools.
- Establish process control systems for the process module and sustains the module through volume ramp.
- Develop strategy to resolve difficult problems and establish systems to deal with these problems in the future.
- Transfer process to high volume manufacturing and provide support in new factory startup as well as install and qualification of the new production lines
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Demonstrated experience with technical problem solving skills with multitasking.
- Familiar with multiple characterization techniques including, but not limited to, XSEM, TEM, STEM, XPS, VPD, TXRF, and EELS.
- A fast learner, able to adapt to the culture and the technology.
- Must be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
- PhD degree in Nano Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physics or related field.
Inside this Business Group
- 5 years experience with volatile and/or non-volatile memory desired.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in semiconductor FAB processing desired.
- 5 years of experience in semiconductor Dry Etch process development desired.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.