Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is hiring experienced Process Development Engineers in Thin Films, CVD/ALD/PVD to develop world class semiconductor development. You will be working on leading edge process and hardware capability, yield, cost and manufacturability solutions. This will involve exceptional collaboration with cross-functional, cross-company, cross -geo teams and tool suppliers to meet device requirements for next-generation memory products. This position is associated with the sale of Intel's NAND memory and storage business to SK Hynix (You can read more about the transaction in the press release located at the following location - https://newsroom.intel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2020/10/nand-memory-news-q-a.pdf).
The transaction will enhance the resources and potential of the business' storage solutions, including client and enterprise SSDs, in the rapidly growing NAND Flash space amid the era of big data. This is an exciting time to be at Intel - come join our Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group as a Senior Staff Process Engineer and work on one of the most advanced 3DNAND and SSD technology portfolios in the world. As the global leader in the semiconductor industry, Intel possesses many industry-leading SSD technologies including the most capable Quadruple Level Cell (QLC) NAND Flash products.
As a Senior Staff Process Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team that will transition to lead the SSD business at SK Hynix. This position aligns to Phase 2 of the transaction, which includes NAND technology and component development along with fab operations. Employees aligned to Phase 2 will continue to be employed by Intel and will continue to develop NAND technology components and manufacture NAND wafers at the fab. Phase 2 of the transaction is expected to close in March 2025, at which time employees aligned to this phase of the transaction will transition employment to SK Hynix.
Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Defining and establishing flow, procedures, and equipment configuration for the module.
- Selecting and developing materials and equipment for process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Conducting process, equipment and material development projects with equipment and material suppliers. This will involve exceptional collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and tool vendors to meet challenging program goals.
- Forecasting future technology needs and drive process area roadmaps to ensure technology readiness.
- Designing, executing and analyzing experiments necessary to meet engineering specifications for their process.
- Working effectively with the equipment supplier to identify shortcomings, propose and evaluate hardware modifications to mitigate issues.
- Driving improvements on quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity and safety/ergonomics over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operating personnel.
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Establishing process control systems for the process module.
- Training production/receiving process engineers in high volume factories.
- Transferring processes to high volume manufacturing and providing support in new factory startup.
- Domestic and International travel, as necessary to support job responsibilities.
- Willing to and enjoying working across geographies.
- Willing to accommodate changing priorities and working hours to support business needs.
Master's (MS) degree in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, Physics or related field with 6+ years of relevant industry experience Or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Chemistry, Physics or in a related field with 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
6+ years of experience in the following areas:
Semiconductor FAB processing and/or equipment development.
Developing processes for leading technology nodes and scaling them up to High Volume Manufacturing (HVM).
Surface and analytical characterization techniques such as ICPMS, SIMS, XPS, SEM, TEM, etc.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Working with external and internal partners, including semiconductor equipment and/or materials manufacturers.
Understands interactions between process, tool and down-stream processes.
Technical expertise within semiconductor processing engineering preferably in Memory process development for leading edge technology.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.