Our Power and Performance Validation teams are responsible for validating the power subsystems, the power delivery networks, and optimizing the battery life and performance of our CPUs. As a member of our Power and Performance Validation Team you will:
- Create, define and develop power validation methods, environments and test content.
- Use and apply platform level tools and techniques to ensure performance to specifications, and optimize and characterize the power delivery networks.
- Perform Si and platform debug to root-cause issues and enable robust design fixes.
- Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with architecture design and pre-silicon validation teams in improving post-silicon test content and providing feedback for future on die debug features.
- Be able to demonstrate success in communicating plans status issues and concerns.
- Test planning execution monitoring and reporting test results.
- Collaboration with cross functional HW and SW teams to solve complex issues and improve efficiency.
- Frontline and drive schedules and issues to closure in high complex scenarios.
- Help define solutions for customer issues.
- Be able to make judgment calls regarding customer deliverables and program level risk assessment from a power and performance standpoint.
- Demonstrated collaboration and teaming skills
- Demonstrated networking, communication and influence skills
The candidate must possess either a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 4+ years of experience; or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 3+ years of experience; or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 1+ year of experience.
- Problem-solving, debug and logic proficiency.
- A developed understanding of Computer Architecture and CPU micro-architecture.
- A developed understanding of analog electronics.
- Experience with Python language programming.
- English proficiency.
- CPU microarchitectural and/or high-speed bus protocol experience.
- Experience in design verification or validation disciplines, system platform-level debug and root cause isolation methodology and tools.
- Experience in System/platform-level debug and root cause isolation, methodology and tools (including Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers, Oscilloscopes and Multimeters.)
- Experience with leading automation efforts planning execution and overseeing system validation activities.
- Deep technical knowledge in performance and power management including understanding of architecture and microcode sufficient to understand potential power and performance impacts of changes.
- Familiarity with industry benchmarks which aspects of performance they measure and competitive analysis from previous gen products.
- Experience with performance counters.
The everyday contributions of the Intel Validation Engineering (iVE) team are essential to retaining/regaining Intel's product leadership. We validate, debug, and tune the newest designs and world-changing technologies that enrich the lives of every person on earth. We play a critical role in completing the PRQs of Intel products and in Intel's ability to deliver the annual technology platforms in our roadmap.