Manufacturing IT AMHS Equipment Technician
In this position, you will provide first-line support to Manufacturing IT Automated Material Handling Systems (AMHS) service as part of a 24x7 support team in Oregon factories based in our Ronler Acres and Aloha campuses.
We are looking for individuals with growth mindset to create the most innovative and productive teams in our growing organization.
As an Equipment Technician your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Equipment Technicians perform electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in nonfunctioning electromechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Dismantles, adjusts, repairs, and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings.
- May also perform setup, calibration, and preventative maintenance on production equipment.
- Provide project support for installation/modification projects as needed.
- Occasionally support staffing needs across shifts, as needed.
- Support client and platform engineering touch services scope.
- Seek, achieve and maintain proficiency of L3 and advanced equipment certification milestones through established training processes for 24x7 support.
- Rotation between factories and campuses on scheduled and emergency basis.
- Monitoring the AMHS in a dynamic environment to detect and respond to system issues.
- Act as the Point of Contact and the AMHS technician interface during crisis management.
- Responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of all AMHS equipment and sub-assemblies.
- Providing timely response to equipment issues, logging system problems and errors in designated databases.
- Responding to escalations and problems via LTD FAST help desk and the MSD-Manufacturing Service Desk.
- Collaborate and escalate problems to AMHS hardware engineers or other related product owners.
- Executing and role modeling work ethics and results aligned to Intel Safety and Quality Culture.
Assignments are semi routine in nature, work performed within generally defined parameters, some degree of judgment required in resolving non-standard problems, normally receives general instructions on most work.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Skills to effectively communicate with peers, engineering and customers.
- Experience with problem solving techniques, Design of Experiments (DoE) and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical electro-mechanical skills and experience.
- The ideal candidate will be expected to role model teamwork, safety, and adherence to documented guidelines in all aspects of the job.
- Must be a forward-looking self-starter.
- Carry an inclusive, positive attitude to each working group is critical for success.
- Must be willing to adapt to growth challenges, changing environments and priorities depending on the team's needs.
For more information please visit the following link: https://newsroom.intel.com/news/travel-intels-autonomous-superhighway/#gs.b1hdmj
***This position is opened for several shifts***
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must possess a 2 year Technical Degree in a related discipline; or equivalent of 5+ years of working experience with semiconductor equipment or maintenance and software knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Automated Material Handling Systems and software.
- General knowledge of electromechanical systems, including robotic drives, actuators and micro-controllers.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Willing to lift up to 25 lbs. and spend the majority of the time (greater than 90% less break time) on the floor working on tool sets, processing WIP, walking long distances, and/or standing/sitting for extended periods of time.
- Willing to work in non-permit required confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Experience with the use of electrical and/or mechanical measuring devices such as multi-meters, calipers and micrometers.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.