Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
Datacenter Platform Engineering Architecture Group (DPEA) is looking for talents for System Integration to secure the SW quality by continuous integration. In this position, you will be responsible for driving the integration solutions of software and hardware on Intel server products to secure the quality of SW release. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Develop and continuously improve SW continuous integration plan for Intel server products with relevant ingredient owners in pre-silicon and post-silicon stages.
- Integrate and build the completed software stack for Intel server product, perform daily builds, smoke test, issue trouble shooting and build release.
- Ensure process compliance and proactively improve integration workflows, best practices and tools;
- Play as a gate keeper in each domain to ensure a quality release to internal and external customers;
- Drive sightings for closure by proactive physical work and/or coordination with relevant stakeholders on defect duplication and investigation.
- Contribute to the definition of new platforms with software architecture and development teams, support platform bring-up activities, review designs and code changes
This job is reserved for the person who is always passionate to putting new technology into practice in the fastest manner, exploring all possible alternatives for better solution, and pursuing constant improvement on test efficiency and coverage.
You should possess a Master of Science degree in in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant technology with 3+ years of applicable industrial experience, or bachelor in aforementioned area with 6+ years of applicable industry experience. Additional qualifications include:
- Solid understanding of Intel Architecture, Operating System, Driver, BIOS fundamentals, and FW fundamentals;
- Good understanding (and better hands-on development/validation experience) of popular server/PC technologies including PCI/PCI-E, USB, SAS/SATA, i2C/SMBUS, IPMI, BIOS/EFI and DIMM, Storage, Networking, Virtualization, Manageability, Security, RAS, etc;
- Solid experience in System Integration cycles, e.g. code review, source control, code quality automation scanning, bug scrub, feature testing and product release;
- Demonstrated capability of developing technical solutions to validate feature functionality and system stability for a high-quality product delivery;
- Experience in silicon/pre-silicon validation is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated capability to work within a team environment facing fast-changing requirements and complicated stakeholders.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.