The successful candidate will work with Internet of Things Group (IOTG)High Velocity Silicon Platform Engineering(HSPE)
Software and Systems team to drive End to End cutting edge / state of the art Power features delivery
for wide variety of Intel Internet of Things(IOT) SoC platforms.
Technical Leadership Role
Job Responsibilities include
1) Provide Inputs on Product landing zone requirements and high level architectural specifications.
2) Design and review Power driver for platforms based on Intel (IA) and ARM CPU cores.
3) Participate in Hardware design reviews and provide inputs to Power KPI requirements and system level constraints.
4) Participate in Power Modeling and contribute to Power KPI projection for various use cases.
5) Responsible for SW and Firmware Code reviews, Test plan reviews, problem debug on both pre-silicon and post-silicon environments.
6) Technically Drive System Level Optimizations / Identify Bottlenecks for all use cases/workload/KPI, create Line of Sight to target (Race Charts)
7) Lead Silicon Power ON camps for Power Optimization activities. Identify SW/ Firmware workarounds for Silicon Bugs.
8) Competition Benchmarking and Analyze Power benchmarks on similar products in competitive market and drive optimizations for current
and future products.
1) Applicants should have a B.Tech / M.Tech in Electronics and Communications or Equivalent with 12+ yrs of exp.
2) Good programming skills in C and assembly language.
3) Knowledge of BIOS, Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).
4) Good experience in Low level Device Driver/Firmware/Application BIOS / BSP/Kernel Drivers/Application Software.
5) In depth understanding of CPU Architecture of Intel (IA) cores and ARM cores. Familiarity with IA-32 / ARMA64 Bit instruction sets
6) Well versed with Debugging and Tracing tools like JTAG, Lauterbach Trace 32, GDB, Intel CCA Debuggers, Logic Analyzer and Oscilloscopes.
6) In depth understanding of Single core vs architecture, Memory and cache configuration, Inter core interaction , IPC.
7) In depth understanding of Platform architecture: CPU and Peripheral IPs interaction - PCIe, USB, UART, eMMC.
Connectivity IPs like WiFi, BT, SD card controller.
8) Power Management Domain Expertise like CPU low power states, Device, Sub system and Full System Low Power states, CPU Idle, Voltage and frequency scaling.
9) Should be willing to work in highly cross-cultural, cross-disciplinary and cross-geographic locations.
10) Strong analytical and communication skills is a must.
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.