Ethernet Technology Solutions Lead
Come and join us. Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join the EPG (Ethernet Product Group) in our Data Platform Group (DPG) as a Ethernet Technology Solutions Lead. We're looking for motivated, passionate and talented professionals to join our Ethernet Customer Solutions team. We're a strong, vibrant cross-site team which helps drive Intel's leading Ethernet Technologies and products to position Intel Ethernet as platform of choice and for the Cloud and Data Center network deployments.
This position requires strong technology management and stake holder management skills. It also requires in-depth Ethernet switch/controller product development knowledge along with exposure to sales and marketing experience. The ideal candidate has worked as a team lead with excellent interpersonal skill and also worked in networking related products including one or more of Ethernet/switch silicon, smart NICs or FPGA based products. The candidate provides deep-dive technical support to customers in developing their Ethernet solutions for programmable data plane implementation and control plane interface with backend support from internal engineering teams.
In this role, you will act as a consultant on Ethernet solutions implementation and provide technical support to customers who are developing their solutions. The role would provide opportunities for the candidate to act as a technical leader for Intel Ethernet Data Plane solutions and prepare collateral as needed to capture best practices for effective use of the multiple Ethernet product lines and ensure customer success. The ideal candidate would enjoy being an expert on a broad range of topics, be creative and find solving problems to be rewarding.
The role also involves mentoring other team members and provide technical guidance for day to day activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Provide deep-dive technical support to Intel Ethernet customers in areas ranging from design review of system architecture and software to bring-up and validation of customer's solution ensuring customer's path to product delivery.
- Provide expert knowledge to allow customers to implement their data-plane processing and control plane API support in the most effective manner.
- Document and educate customers when possible on most effective ways to creating data plane programs and integrate with Server System stack.
- Provide technical training, demo, consultation, and hands-on assistance to internal team members in areas of system architecture, source code development/deployment, testing and tuning of software/hardware components.
- As a system and technology expert, author technical papers on Intel Ethernet technology and develop training courses for customers.
- Provide feedback and aid product definition of next generation products.
- Provide day to day technical guidance to team members and individual contributors
- Represent Ethernet Customer Solutions (ECS) team in product development forums and influence internal stake holders to deliver customer friendly solutions
Inside this Business Group
The ideal candidate would have hands-on experience with development and debugging in related areas mentioned below along with responsibilities that require direct interaction with customers.
- BS with 10+ years of experience or MS with 8+ years of experience (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field)
- 3+ years of team growth and technical mentoring.
- 7+ years of experience to one or more proprietary or open-source components
- 7+ years of expert level development/integration/debug experience with network device drivers and L2/L3 stack in Ethernet based switch/routers and debugging.
- 7+ years of expert level development and debugging experience with network device drivers and L2/L3 stack in Ethernet based switch/routers or programmable data plane on Ethernet/SmartNICs based solutions.
- 7+ years in diagnosing and triaging functionality and/or performance issues. Identification and isolation of problems related to application, network stack, low level API, or drivers.
- 5+ experience supporting customers during design-in product life cycle in one or more of following areas: telecom, data center, OEM, Enterprise system designers/developers
- 7+ years experience in development, troubleshooting and supporting applications for Cloud, Data Center customers.
- 2+ years of multi-site team engagement experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing and debugging using C/C++ and Python.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated effectiveness in technically influencing others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluent and effective communication, presentation and documentation skills, both - written and verbal.
- Self-motivated with experience working across Marketing, Sales and engineering teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.