Come and join us! Intel's Ethernet Customer Solutions (ECS) team under the Data Center Group (DCG) is looking for an Ethernet Technologies Software Applications Engineer to enable and support customers of Intel's server class wired Ethernet products in high performance technologies such as RDMA, Application Device Queues (ADQ), Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) and others.
In this role, your primary OS focus would be Linux, though deep network driver debug/development experience in VMware ESXi or Windows Server could also be applicable. You will provide solution support for a wide range of datacenter workloads, for example: Cloud Datacenter workloads (ex: databases, load balancers, web servers), Containers (ex: Kubernetes, Docker), high speed networked/clustered storage (ex: NVMeoF, SPDK, ISER, NFS), MPI High Performance Computing (HPC) applications, and more. Your primary duties would include hands-on full-stack Ethernet datacenter proof of concept (PoC) solution testing, customer issue support/debug, and proactive internal and external customer enablement (configuration guides, performance tuning, workload optimization).
As an Ethernet Technologies Software Applications Engineer you will work closely with Software, Hardware, and Firmware development and validation as well as product marketing and business acceleration managers to help assure that Ethernet product designs and implementations meet requirements for targeted customer workloads. This position will require a combination of working independently, with peers, design engineers, software engineers, and software architects to influence product features, reliability, supportability and ensure that customer needs and requirements are being addressed in a timely manner. Complex system-level issue debug, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer and stakeholder management skills are critical to success.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Direct customer interaction experience, preferably in technical debug support role.
- Comfortable task switching and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers of all skill levels (novice thru expert).
- Ability to work effectively in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 3 plus years of related experience or a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 2 plus years of related experience.
- 2 years' experience in networking stack development, network driver development and/or network driver support. Linux/Open Source operating systems (RHEL, SuSE, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, etc.) strongly preferred, though advanced VMware ESXi Server or Windows Server experience could also be applicable.
- 2 years' experience with current computer networking architecture, protocols, topologies, and networking products (such as Ethernet, Infiniband, or equivalent).
- 2 years' experience system level server network debug experience involving hardware, software, and firmware.
- Ability to implement, enhance and execute scripts for scalable test automation (Python, BASH, Perl, Powershell, etc.)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 2 plus years of experience with performance analysis of Linux networking, storage and network applications, including the impact of networking components on CPU/memory subsystems.
- 2 plus years of System admin or Network admin-level experience with one or more of the following:
� RDMA (iWARP, RoCEv2, InfiniBand (IB)) network protocols/configurations.
� DPDK, SPDK, or similar high performance packet processing software
� Highly scaled datacenter workloads (ex: databases, load balancers, web servers), including server, networking, and storage infrastructure configuration.
� Cluster configuration and testing for MPI/HPC applications.
� Network attached storage (NAS) target/client configuration and testing, ex: NVMeoF, iSCSI, iSER, NFS, etc.
- 1 plus years of experience and practical knowledge in multi-threaded, multi-core, and distributed software architectures.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.