Firmware and Driver Development Engineer
The Datacenter Platform Group (DPG) is looking for a BIOS/BMC firmware & driver development Engineer who has 8+ years experienced in firmware development (BMC or BIOS) for Intel Architecture and low-level driver (BSP) development.
Position specific Job description: Intel India is partnering with some of the biggest partners to bring revolutionary solutions to market. This specific position requires close work with the customer and will be on-site with the customer to resolve any firmware related issues, participate in customer design power-on , debug and test the platform level firmware solutions including BMC & BIOS.
In this position, you will be responsible for low level driver development, firmware (BIOS/BMC) development & debug for an IA-based server solution.
- C, C++ (esp. in Embedded systems) & knowledge in Assembly programming
- Experience in Server management, BMC with various protocol support (IPMI, DMTF (Redfish, PMCI) ) – Monitoring, Inventory, Error reporting, recovery & log collection and other features like KVM, Remote media and Power sequence.
- UEFI FW knowledge to bring up boards & Power on IA CPU’s (UEFI, ACPI, SMBIOS, Power states & management). Experience in CPU Power on / debug activity.
- Experience in Platform Firmware development esp. to assist in board design & bring-up including UEFI FW/BIOS, BMC (OpenBMC), CPLD and Server board FW.
- Experience in IPMB, I2C/SMBUS, PCIe, KCS, UART, RGMII, NC-SI, SPI, eSPI, DMI, NV-Me-MI, SAS, SATA, DDR topologies etc.
- Knowledge in Intel XEON architecture & feature set.
Master’s Degree in Electronics/Embedded System/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Inside this Business Group
- Well versed in C & C++ programming skills (esp. Embedded systems), Knowledge in Assembly programming.
- Knowledge of IA, ARM, and embedded system architectures
- Proficient in microcontrollers, its peripherals, and basic electronics with firsthand production projects.
- Knowledge of TCPIP protocol and have experience in solving complicated network issue
- Knowledge on Linux Kernel programming and Firmware
- Ability of analyzing complex technical problems diagnosing, debugging root cause, and finding solutions.
- Assessing third party and open source software and providing recommendation to the program.
- Experience working with various communication and control protocols including UART, SPI, I2C, PCIe, I2S, and CAN. Exposure to major available SoC boards and microcontrollers.
- Ability to read and understand circuits and hardware. Experience with various schematic capture tools.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Should be proactive and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Should have good experience with customer interaction handling.
- Demonstrated ability of working well in a diverse and cross geo team environment
- Strong documentation skills. Good understanding of FW development tools used in different phases of development.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.