Edge Software Stack Engineer
Responsible for Edge software integration and co-development team. Good understanding of emerging 5G technology and evolving MEC specifications, understand customer requirements, ensure product quality as per internal and customer's quality requirements. Primarily responsible for the following:
1. Drives technical discussions with the customer
2. Analysis and debug technical issues
3. Integration of software stacks for Network Platforms of the Edge/Cloud architecture that includes Integration 3rd party network functions (EPC, 5G UPF, RAN, uCPE, BNG) and Enterprise applications like CDN, AI, AR/VR etc
4. Ready to take up any performance optimization of the developed stack and come up with performance characterization analysis.
5. Development and deployment components of underlying network infrastructure
6. Enable easy orchestration of edge services across diverse network platform and access technologies in multi-cloud environments
7. Enable OVC, Media service, AI, DPDK, QAT and other advanced technology on Edge platform
8. Performance optimization, Latency optimization, Connection Density and Bandwidth deployments optimization
9. Implement ansible playbooks for automating installation and configuration of ingredients
10. Setup network cluster environment to verify application deployment
11. Work with partner teams and program stakeholders to meet validation requirements and milestone criteria
12. Triage related issues and driving innovative solutions
13. Plays a key role in ensuring key quality practices in the project like code reviews, static and dynamic analysis, defect removal
14. Helps make technical trade-offs by being a decision maker in case of a technical conflict within the team regarding design, coding, testing methods or execution
15. Accountable for the development & integration of the solution
16. Continuously learning and deep dive into new technology
1. Knowledge of different networking standards and protocols 3GPP (LTE, 5G NR), IEEE (WiFi), and ETSI (MEC)
2. Working experience in Cloud Computing/Edge Computing specifically in the networking domain, cloud native application, microservices development, with strong working knowledge in Linux.
3. Exposure to working with Kubernetes, Linux networking stack, KVM based virtualization environment
4. Knowledge of Visual Cloud under Media/Graphics, Analytics and Networking domain knowledge (SDWAN/CNI/VNF/NFV)
5. Knowledge of Linux*, Windows* OS architectures, development tools and methods
6. Trouble shooting Functional and performance issues
7. Strong programming in C/C++ and scripting languages (Phython, Go).
8. Experience in development and debugging tools required
9. Experience in software development for networking/middle ware/communication/application protocols
10. Experience in developing applications and/or drivers under Linux
11. Experience in Dockers/Kubernetes/AWS/OpenStack/similar technologies
12. Experience in working with open source software/contributions
13. Experience in Ansible/Playbook/Helm
14. Exposure to configuration management tools such as Clearcase/ Git
15. Working experience in Tele-communication domain
16. Experience in analysis/debugging/fixing skills
17. Excellent organizational skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, Self-starter with "can-do" attitude.
18. Quick learner, with ability to work in a dynamic and cross-geo environment.
1. Intel Architecture and Tools expertise
2. 1+ years implementing networking/kubernetes drivers/application development
3. Experience in data center software
4. Data Center Experience
Inside this Business Group
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Communications, or other related fields of study with 4+ years of related experience (Masters Degree with 2+ years of related experience or a PhD with 1 years of related experience is preferred)
1. Overall 5-7 years in SW engineering and Integration
2. Exposure to contemporary software engineering methods and processes
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.