Core & Edge Engineer
Responsible for enabling the next generation Edge telecommunications platform solutions based on cloud native technologies with SDN & NFVI implementing key Intel Platform Technologies (OpenNESS, CERA, DPDK, QAT, DC Optane memory etc) with communication service provider, OEM's, OSV's and ISV's.
1. Responsible for direct customer engagements for Edge Ingredient Technology Enabling such as OpenNESS, Converged Edge Reference Architecture (CERA), etc
2. Responsible for collaboration on development of next gen Intel Select Solutions for Edge reference architecture as well as automated test infrastructure to validate solution certification
3. Providing technical assistance on the development and optimization of Data Plane and QAT algorithms running on Intel Architecture (IA) processors and chipsets
4. Establishing a technical trusted advisor relationship with key customers
5. Collaborating with Communication service provider, OSV and ISV's to develop and debug VNF SW applications running on IA platforms.
6. Providing technical training on Edge Technology Ingredients and solutions to Customers and Intel Field Engineers
7. Developing and Supporting Edge Platform Technology demos as well as presenting at Industry Technical conferences
8. Participating in cross functional customer teams with the goal of maximizing MSS with key customers
9. Responsible for the generation and maintenance of product enabling collateral including development of sampled edge designs, bug fix patches and demos
1. Fundamental understanding of Intel Architecture Processors, SW and how these can be applied to develop Edge Platform Solutions
2. Good understanding of Orchestration SW such as Kubernetes, OpenStack, Python, Ansible/Helm scripting and Cloud Native infrastructure is a plus.
3. In-depth understanding of communications platforms software/hardware architecture and networking protocols along with an understanding of the network and enterprise edge requirements and needs
4. Fundamental understanding of Intel Platform Technologies such as OpenNESS, Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK), Quick Assist Technology (QAT) as well as SDN and NFV technologies
5. Experience with software optimization tools and techniques such as VTune, Perf, EMON etc
6. Experience with BIOS setting, low level programming and run time control tools ie: ITP or JTAG and packet generation test equipment such as IXIA, T-Rex, Spirent
7. Strong verbal communication and/or technical writing skills
8. Good interpersonal and presentation skills
9. Good organizational and time management skills
10. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
11. Willingness to travel
1. Experience with Linux Driver and application development in Kernel and User Space is a plus
Inside this Business Group
Should possess a Master of Science or PhD degree in Engineering or Computer Science with three to seven years of related communications software design, software applications engineering and/or IA Processor & Chipset software validation experience.
1. Overall 6-8 years in design and development
2. Exposure to contemporary software engineering methods and processes
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.