The Network Platform Group is looking for a System Solution Architect who will be designing scalable computer hardware system solutions using Intel Processors, accelerators and Network Components for Network Edge platform and be in the forefront of system hardware innovation. In this role, you will work with a team of architects and design engineers in enabling next generation of Network and Edge platform solutions targeted at Multi-Hybrid Cloud, Enterprise and Telecommunications Market Segments with OEM's, ODM's, CoSP's and cross Intel stakeholders. Network Edge systems have a unique set of characteristics based on location, target use cases and platform ingredients (compute, acceleration (FPGA/eASIC, NIC, GPU, VPU), storage & network) and software ingredients.
1. Proactively drive system level solutions for Edge platforms with a strong basis in power delivery, high-speed signal integrity, PCB technologies, thermal & mechanical design, and system optimization.
2. Engage with our key customer partners, focus on understanding their technical challenges and help them differentiate their HW and SW integrated solutions.
3. Define scalable & fully deployable systems/rack level solutions by leveraging and optimizing all possible Intel silicon-comprising CPUs, NICs, Memory, Storage, Accelerators.
4. Build and execute a comprehensive edge platform dimensioning and benchmarking strategy.
5. Lead the creation of edge market analysis, TCO analysis, and competitive analysis.
6. Drive alignment with the NPG Network Platform team on hardware and software platform LZ and support requirements.
7. Drive and manage system/solution product incubation/development with customers, internal software, hardware and architecture teams, from concept to production.
8. Direct contribution to technical solutions that integrate multiple disciplines or technologies into non-obvious system architectures that provide meaningfully unique and differentiated capability requires understanding of current and proposed competitive solutions, key performance indicators, and end-user mission objectives as well as understanding of interplay between technologies and engineering design
1. Experience with networking concepts like Ethernet, InfiniBand, and Omni-Path
2. Systems engineering knowledge and Strong Computer Architecture knowledge
3. Team player that can work in a high-paced, dynamic environment
4. Solid understanding of commercial OS would be an added advantage
5. A strong analytical mind with first-rate problem-solving skills
6. Ability to work well in a cross-site cross-team environment
7. Experience of Intel's platform/product planning life-cycle a plus
1. Must be a team player, with experience technically influencing others.
2. Strong problem-solving skills.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Inside this Business Group
Candidate must possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering / Communication Engineering / Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering or equivalent
1. 12+ years of industry experience, or a Master's/PhD Degree with 10+ years overall experience
2. 5+ years of experience in the data center, cloud, and/or networking domains either in system hardware, silicon, validation, or deployment
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.