Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Cloud and Enterprise Solutions Group (CESG) within our larger Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Cloud Software Performance Engineer!
Within the CESG, join our Hyperscaler Team which is growing and looking for strong Software Performance Engineers to enable Intel products and technologies. In this role, you will drive Intel differentiation through in-depth performance analysis, architectural characterization, and enabling Intel technologies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Set up hardware systems including servers, storage, and networking.
- Install and configure software systems
- Run workloads and collect performance data.
- In-depth analysis of performance data, reporting analysis findings and optimizing on Intel technologies.
- Provide software and workload feedback to guide Intel architects on product design decisions.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated experience technically influencing others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus related experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 3 plus years of experience with software development on server-side software.
- 3 plus years of experience with debugging and testing.
- 2 plus years of experience and understanding of Linux.
- 1 plus years of experience with software optimization and performance profiling tools.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with VTune, Linux Perf tools.
- Familiarity with hardware debug using software tools, EMONs, trace-based captures.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Washington, Multiple Cities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.