Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Cloud Software Services Engineer.
Our Cloud and Enterprise Solutions Group (CESG) Hyperscaler Software Team is looking for innovative self-starters to join our growing team. CESG is part of the global DPG organization that develops the products and technologies that power servers sold worldwide. This includes high-end co-processors for supercomputers, low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, and solutions for big data and intelligent devices. We are looking for Cloud Software Services Engineers experienced with large scale environments. You will work as part of this growing team to bring cutting edge solutions and advances to our largest cloud service provider customers. In this role, you will analyze existing SW services and workloads to determine technical and business pain points, technical requirements, and potential solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both technical and nontechnical, with public speaking experience.
- Major team player, collaborator, role model and mentor.
- Passion to exceed expectations and constantly push the envelope.
- Experience translating complex business and technical challenges into technical solutions.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 2 years of related work experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 3 plus years of broad practical experience architecting, engineering, and operating large scale cloud native computing services with domain expertise in one, or more, of these key areas: data services, scale out distributed workloads, low latency SW design, scale out storage containers and microservices, network services, CICD orchestration, scheduling distributed systems APIs.
- 2 plus years of experience working with customers in the design and deployment of automated large-scale computing environments using both open-source commercial and home-grown custom software.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher.
- Documented contributions to the technology industry for data center infrastructure solutions, e.g. whitepapers, patents, code contributions.
- Experience consuming and utilizing new programming languages, design patterns, APIs, or tool sets.
3 plus years of experience in any of the following areas:
- Design deployment and manageability of SW services.
- SW engineering and senior DevOps roles supporting SW Services.
- Scripting building tools and automation to manage data center software.
- Virtualized and containerized environments in a largescale environment.
- Development experience with Python Java C Rust and/or Golang.
- Design for Failure SW principles, Eventual Consistency, and geo distributed SW.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara;US, Washington, Multiple Cities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.