Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Cloud Infrastructure SW Engineer!
Our Cloud and Enterprise Solutions Group (CESG) Software Center of Excellence team is looking for innovative self-starters to join our growing team. CESG is part of the global Data Platforms Group (DPG) organization that develops the products and technologies that power servers sold worldwide. The CESG Software Group is growing and looking for Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineers experienced with large scale environments. As a Cloud Infrastructure Software Engineer, you will work as part of this growing team to bring cutting edge solutions and advances to our largest cloud service provider customers.
As a Cloud Infrastructure SW Engineer, you will analyze existing data center environments and bring cutting-edge cloud solutions and advances to our largest cloud service provider customers. This role requires the skills to analyze existing environments, determine potential solutions, and drive to production implementations. If you enjoy technical innovation, navigating complex solutions, and working with partners and customer SW teams to deliver next gen data center solutions, this is the role for you!
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Must be a team player, with a demonstrated experience technically influencing others.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus related experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 4 plus years of broad practical experience architecting, engineering, and operating data center infrastructure with domain expertise in one or more of these key areas: distributed systems, middleware, data services, infrastructure manageability and core infrastructure, compute storage network power.
- 3 plus years of experience working with customers in the design and deployment of automated large-scale data center solutions using either open source or proprietary solutions.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher.
- Documented contributions to the technology industry for data center infrastructure solutions, e.g. whitepapers, patents, code contributions.
- Experience consuming and utilizing new programming languages, design patterns, APIs, or tool sets.
Experience in the following areas:
- Infrastructure engineering and/or senior DevOps role supporting infrastructure.
- Combined Network and Storage engineering in a large-scale environment.
- Scripting building tools and automation to manage data center infrastructure.
- Virtualized and containerized environments in a large-scale environment.
- Development experience with Python, Java, and/or Golang.
- Deep Linux systems administration and Operating System internals.
- Maintaining health and uptime for key infrastructure components.
- Depth and breadth of legacy existing and next generation data center solutions.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, Arizona, Phoenix;US, California, Folsom;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.