Do you have experience developing games or writing graphics code? Are you a skilled C/C++ coder with a passion for learning new things? Are you excited by game engine architecture or the low-level details of multithreading? Are you adept at performance profiling and optimization? If so you may have a home with the Intel gaming team. We partner with leading game developers to engineer the future of the interactive entertainment industry. We are a global yet tightly knit team with a diversity of skills and experience working to make games across the world the best they can be on Intel. As part of our team, you'll collaborate closely with game developers optimizing their code and enabling the adoption of new technology.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in a related position, whether as a programmer at a gaming company, developer relations engineer, or performance engineer. Experience should include:
In-depth knowledge of game tasking systems
In-depth knowledge of memory subsystems, caches, etc.
Experience with vectorization
Experience with large unfamiliar code bases and the ability to add meaningful data-driven improvements to them
Experience with performance profiling and optimization on the GPU and/or CPU
Inside this Business Group
- Advanced understanding of modern CPU architectures
- Graphics programming knowledge
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to design experiments to test a hypothesis and work with architects to develop recommendations and solutions
- Advanced Experience with influencing product design
- Advanced experience in knowledge sharing and present to senior staff
- Experience in developing engineering competency and mentoring
- Understanding of GPUView and/or windows performance analyzer is a bonus
- Passion for video games
- Familiarity with Intel tools such as Graphics Performance Analyzer VTune or ISPC
- Experience developing games using Unity or Unreal Engine or developing plugins for Unity or submitting code contributions to UE4, especially if they are related to graphics or performance
- Worked at a game studio in the past
- Understanding of the Microsoft Windows architecture and how it can impact performance
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado: