Our Server Validation Team is looking for talented, technical, curious teammates to help us deliver the highest quality server products to the world. We are comprised of engineers from a variety of life experiences and perspectives who share the common goal of ensuring no bugs escape to our customers. We value our people first and foremost, so we require a "we over me" mentality and a spirit of collaboration and encouragement. We have a robust server roadmap to deliver and therefore we need your problem-solving skills, your passion and your expertise. In exchange we offer you the opportunity to work closely with the brightest minds in the industry, the ability to influence the technology data revolution that the world is experiencing, and the ability to enjoy all the technical growth opportunities that are available to you at company as expansive and diversified as Intel. We are targeting positions in Silicon Valley/CA, Austin/TX, and Hillsboro/OR, but would consider remote locations as well.
The Server Debug Specialist role has a single purpose which is to solve our most challenging server product issues. Server debug specialists work with our internal product teams (Manufacturing/Validation/Software) and our customer teams during critical escalations to root-cause system-level failures and/or anomalies directly impacting our customers or jeopardizing our committed timelines. They are responsible for performing low-level and complex debug across multiple IP and system domains within a product, pulling together mindshare across IP design, SOC design, FW, Bios and software teams to completely understand any issue and drive a resolution. They are also expected to drive innovative debug capability improvements through new DFD, debug tools and scripts to continuously improve the debug discipline.
-The candidate must possess either a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 6+ years of experience, or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with 4+ years of experience
- Problem-solving, HW/SW/FW debug and logic proficiency
- A developed understanding of x86 Computer Architecture and CPU micro-architecture
- Experience in SOC design, verification or validation disciplines
- Extensive experience with system/platform-level debug and root cause isolation, methodologies and tools (including Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers, Oscilloscopes and Multimeters.)
- Experience with hardware, system and/or microprocessor validation
- Experience with Python or C language programming
'- Intel architecture and/or Intel chipset Experience
- Strong understanding of BIOS, OS, and Driver-level interactions at the system level
- Experience debugging Windows or Linux-based operating systems and technologies
Experience reading board schematics and layout
- Test automation frameworks
- Demonstrated networking, communication and influence skills
- Demonstrated collaboration and teaming skills
The Design Engineering Group is a worldwide team responsible for the design, development, validation, and manufacturing of IPs and SOCs. Our mission is to deliver leadership products through groundbreaking innovations.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado: