An engineering position with Intel of Canada's Intel Optane Group is a challenging but rewarding experience, allowing you to gain knowledge and experience in design and test of IC and module products for the next generation of Solid State Drives (SSDs). As a member of our Controller Hardware Engineering team, you will work alongside experienced engineers to solve new and interesting problems, making an important contribution to our exciting high performance SSD projects.
Data is our future. 90 percent of all data today was created in the last two years and this trend will only accelerate. With the advent of AI, autonomous cars and data science, all of the data infrastructure we have built until now will need to be doubled in the next five years. Can you think of the possibilities?
The Vancouver ASIC team develops SoCs which power next generation Client and Enterprise Optane Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Memory products - a key enablers for our data hungry future. Modern ASICs have grown exponentially more complex in order to enable greater functionality, to push the limits of performance and to use less power. Nevertheless, ASIC verification must absorb and adapt to this growth because high quality ASICs are crucial for success. Our team develops object-oriented models using cutting edge techniques and methodologies which are then simulated and compared against the ASIC.
A design engineer owns one or more architectural functional blocks to perform all related tasks:
· Perform logic design, Register Transfer Level (RTL) coding
· Participate in the development of Microarchitecture specifications for the Logic components.
· Provide IP integration support to SoC customers and represents RTL team.
· Implement RTL in System Verilog, validating the design, synthesizing the design, static timing analysis and perform RTL to Netlist Equivalence Check.
· High-level Architecture through to the details of timing.
· Perform analysis and trade-offs with modularity, scalability, DFX requirements, power, area, and performance.
We are looking for enthusiastic individual with problem-solving skills, excellent communication and desire to learn. Technically, a solid foundation of digital design (System Verilog) and object-oriented programming is desired but not required. Individual who is looking for a challenging and rewarding work experience should not hesitate to apply
Employees are encouraged to work remotely due to Covid-19, all new hire orientations will be done virtually. This is subject to change and employees deemed as essential workers may be required to work on-site.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
4+ years of experience in the following areas:
· RTL Design and SystemVerilog Assertions.
· Logic design simulators (eg VCS/Verdi)
· Project based teamwork.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Linux experience.
· Programming Languages: Python, Perl, C and C++, System C.
· Low Power Design using UPF experience.
· Synthesis and STA experience.
· Familiarity with NVMe and PCIe is a highly desired.Inside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.