Facilities Mechanical TD Engineer
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs, and factories globally as well as onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive.
CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets, and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use, and waste generation.
The Facilities Mechanical TD Engineer will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Provide Facilities engineering leadership to the Virtual Factory Network for process technology transfers in support of Safety, Reliability, Quality, Environmental, and Cost objectives.
- Own safety within the area of influence.
- Ensure systems operate reliably to avoid manufacturing/facility or environmental excursions, own system documentation, and maintenance strategy.
- Support Facilities technology, development for the virtual factory network.
- Provide direct support and maintain periodic communication with key suppliers to ensure the latest and most cost-effective solutions are and technical accuracy is maintained in master specifications and standards.
- Provide technical guidance to ensure compliance with safety, code, and Intel standards as well as study opportunities to reduce cost and improve schedule.
- Provide transfer Support to FSM facilities converting to new process technologies; ongoing technical guidance to FSM sustaining facility teams to maintain and improve factory operations.
- Communicate tactical concepts across a wide range of employees engineering peers to operational technicians to management.
- Support major program facility design efforts for Process Mechanical systems (Oil-Free Air, Process Cooling Water, Vacuum Systems)
- Develop and present comprehensive technical proposals, concepts, and analysis in Mechanical Facility System Design feature to both technical and non-technical partners.
- Work in a collaborative environment, partner with engineering team peers to ensure cross-discipline connections are understood and accounted for.
- Develop advanced engineering concepts for less experienced engineering teams.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills and demonstrate the application of structured problem-solving methods and tools.
- Communication skills.
- Teamwork skills.
- Mentorship skills.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs, and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
The candidate must have at least one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or closely related field with 5+ years of experience in facilities and/or maintenance operations, system engineering, and design/construction of mechanical systems (Oil-Free Air - compressors, dryers, pneumatic piping, and associated controls; Process Cooling Water - pumps, heat exchange, piping systems, and controls; Vacuum Systems - Vacuum pumps, piping, and controls).
- Master of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering, or closely related field with 4+ years of experience in facilities and/or maintenance operations, system engineering, and design/construction of mechanical systems (Oil-Free Air - compressors, dryers, pneumatic piping, and associated controls; Process Cooling Water - pumps, heat exchange, piping systems, and controls; Vacuum Systems - Vacuum pumps, piping, and controls).
Inside this Business Group
- PE Registration or EIT certification.
- Compressed Air, Process Cooling Water, and Vacuum pump experience in Maintenance, Operation, and system design.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.