Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a RDMA Firmware Engineer!
Join our RDMA IP team as a Firmware Engineer where you will be responsible for all asks of Firmware development for this cutting edge, complex IP. In this role you will work closely with the RDMA architecture team, design, validation, and software teams to provide the full system solution. You will also interact with our tier-1 customers to understand and satisfy their needs.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- System level design and modeling, managing design environment.
- Interface definition and partition between software, firmware, and hardware.
- Source code development, review, and maintenance.
- Unit and system level test and verification.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Good collaboration skills to interface with architecture, design, and system/solution validation stakeholders.
- Good communication skills to report progress/problems/plans to engineering and management forums.
- Can do attitude and positive motivational leader.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 2 years of related work experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5 plus years of experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, product constraints, along with experience developing architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform.
- 3 plus years of experience in low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, and device architecture.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher.
- Experience in network technologies and datacenter.
- Experience in RDMA technology.
- Experience in post-silicon debug.
- Experience in emulation.Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.