CS Data Center Construction Project Manager
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
CS Data Center Construction Project Manager is responsible for delivering construction of large scale data centers using a variety of different project delivery and execution strategies; this includes project scope development, planning, managing execution, budget control, schedule control, commissioning, and project handover/close out. The Data Center Construction Project Manager is also responsible for ensuring projects and suppliers are complying with Intel safety and construction management policies. The Data Center Construction Project manager shall have a result-oriented focus and be customer obsessed.
As a CS Data Center Construction Project Manager your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing the construction projects through their full life cycle (initiation, planning, execution, and closeout) while managing safety, scope, schedule, budget, and execution.
- Clear customer alignment for each project and defining successful indicators based on project scope and customer needs prior to project initiation.
- Oftenly will formally request Strategic and Ops Capital CPA funding based on site or region needs.
- Finance and procurement strategy alignment and interaction to proceed according to construction management policies and supporting RFP process for specific project negotiations.
- Build teams with contractors, suppliers, system owners and stakeholders to define project execution plans.
- Review all proposals, provide analyses of technical validity, and contribute to the negotiations of prime services contracts and change orders.
- Review design and construction bid packages.
- Review and track the project schedule against the critical path and perform variance analyses to ensure impacts are minimized and the schedule is maintained.
- Manage and direct multiple suppliers supporting the project.
- Understand and manage permit requirements.
- Provide leadership in constructability and Data Center technical considerations related to construction, operations, and cost.
- Review and assist with the approval of billing from the General Contractor, Architect/Engineer, and the Client's sub-tier vendors and consultants.
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Expertise to develop and maintain relationships with a broad and diverse customer base and to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Skills to establish, coordinate and conduct all necessary project meetings that achieve intended purpose.
- Expertise to identify and assist in the mitigation of project risks and monitor the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Leadership and excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter, team player and leader that is experienced in leading diverse, cross-functional, or cross-site teams.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Construction Management, or another related Engineering degree with 3+ years of experience in Engineering or Construction Management or a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Construction Management, or another related Engineering degree with 2+ years of experience in Engineering or Construction Management.
Inside this Business Group
- 2+ years of Knowledge in Primavera Scheduling or other scheduling tools.
- 2+ years of experience with Data Centers.
- 2+ years of experience in construction and project management with a Project Management Certification (PMP).
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.