Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as an Ethernet Solutions Architect!
Join the Ethernet Products Group team within the DPG to promote Ethernet networking solutions in the Cloud, Enterprise, and Telecommunications market segments focused on storage application and storage workloads. You will play a central role in the definition, development and marketing of networking solutions based on Intel Ethernet Controllers through collaboration with technical teams across Intel, key industry players and customers.
In this role, you will work with the world's largest Cloud, Telecommunication and Enterprise companies directly and indirectly to consult and architect networking solution deployments and drive infrastructure transformations. You will work and collaborate in a cross-functional, cross-organizational environment that includes marketing, sales, and engineering to define and deliver solution kits to improve customer experience with Intel Ethernet products. Additionally, you will craft and deliver product and solution messaging, collateral, and demos to evangelize networking solutions using Intel Ethernet products in public forums tradeshows, conferences, and customer events. You will also collaborate and coordinate technology discovery, development, and deployment strategy including Proof-of-Concepts (PoC) implementations and demos with internal product planning and marketing teams as well as key customers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven hands-on experience to debug and diagnose functional or performance issues.
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed, collaborative, multidisciplinary, matrix structured and customer focused environment.
- Strong business acumen about customers, product portfolio, technology trends and market needs.
- Self-starter willing to work with a team of peers to advance Ethernet solutions with customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers of all skill levels (novice thru expert).
- Self-starter who can identify, diagnose, and solve customer pain points
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 9 years of industry work experience, or
- Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 6 years of industry work experience, or
- PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of related work experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 8 plus years of domain experience in Storage, Network, and/or Cloud Architectures including NVMe over Fabrics, RDMA (both RoCEv2 and iWARP protocols).
- 8 plus years of experience with data center level Ethernet networking architecture, protocols, topologies, networking products, software virtual switching, server virtualization, containers, and orchestration software.
- 6 plus years of experience with defining and designing proof-of-concepts, developing prototyping, and building reference models.
- 6 plus years working directly with customers to solve their Ethernet networking pain points
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or higher.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and other Intel sites.
- Experience working and influencing across matrixed teamsInside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Irvine;US, California, San Jose
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.