Silicon Packaging Design Engineer
As a Package design engineer, the successful candidate would be responsible for executing PKG designs across Intel's Server product portfolios (CPUs, Chipsets, SOC designs and more).
They will be leading technical aspects of the Package design process including conducting early route studies, creation of specifications, providing electrical analysis guidance and co-design for production layouts.
Job function also includes:
- Managing design schedules,
- Executing design layout deliverables,
- Conducting design reviews while contributing to continuous improvements in the packaging process and respective design tool infrastructure,
- Designing practices (error free) for High Volume Manufacturing.
- Will work closely with stakeholders from various organizations within the company to incorporate their inputs into the package design.
- Team player skills.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Advanced English communication skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelors/Master's in Electrical, Mechanical/Thermal Engineering, Materials Science or related disciplines.
- 3+ years of PCB CAD and/or Silicon Packaging Design Experience.
- 1 year of experience with Mentor Graphics Expedition Software and/or other Package design layout related SW suites.
- Advanced English level.
Inside this Business Group
- Prior experience/exposure with physical design (Package/PCB) is preferred.
- Experience/Exposure in Package/Substrate technology development.
- Familiarity with similar design tools like Auto CAD, Allegro, Mentor Expedition, schematic driven tools, etc.
- Familiarity with Package layout extraction and Electrical modeling/simulation tools such as Power DC, Hyperlynx, Q3D, and HFSS.
- Experience in office suite of tools (excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
The Data Platforms Engineering and Architecture (DPEA) Group invents, designs & builds the world's most critical computing platforms which fuel Intel's most important business and solve the world's most fundamental problems. DPEA enables that data center which is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.