Manufacturing IT (Automation) Applications Engineer
As an Applications Engineer your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Integrates, tests, installs, configures, and/or supports Factory automation software systems.
- Coordinates factory requirements maps them to automation systems capabilities, and recommends technical solutions.
- Applies advanced troubleshooting to automation system problems.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts to meet automation systems health goals, as well as emerging capability needs.
- Serves as site expert for a designated set of automation systems, including representing integrated needs in cross-functional and cross-site teams.
- Position may include some software development of related enhancements, supplemental systems, and/or support and monitoring tools.
The ideal candidate should also demonstrate the following behavioral traits:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or any other related field.
2+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Database systems including: Oracle, MSSQL Server and experience with SQL query optimization.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience with Factory Applications or Business Processes.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Server Administration, and Web Administration with Internet Information Services (IIS).
- High degree of technical experience in computing infrastructure components, networking, data centers and system support.
- Experience in Windows OS management, IIS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Server Admin Services and COM/COM+.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.