Human Factors Engineer
Our mission is to deliver software tools and supporting content to enable software developers to have great experiences in optimizing computing performance with Intel products. We're looking for user experience (UX) professionals with experience with a technical audience or computer science graduates with a human-compute interaction (HCI) background to join our team in the Intel Architecture, Graphics and Software organization.
As a Human Factors Engineer, daily tasks may include:
- Conduct research with our target users, including contextual interviews, usability testing, surveys, and analysis of Web site usage.
- Apply user experience principles to interface design
- Create user scenarios to explain user workflows
- Develop wireframes and prototypes for usability testing
- Communicate design ideas to developers
- Research competitor products and industry trends
- Create personas through user research and data
- Analyze and troubleshoot software development workflows
- Test documentation quality for usability
- Evaluate content strategy to support user experience
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
· Verbal and written communication
- Master's degree in HCI, human factors engineering, psychology, design, or related field + 4 years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science or related field with coursework in Human Computer Interaction + 6 years of experience
- 2+ years of experience in software UX work for any technical end-user audience (e.g., developers, administrators, analysts, designers, engineers, knowledge workers), including some of the following: interviews, usability testing, workflow design, or interaction design
- 2+ years of experience in qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis experience
- 2+ years of experience in a wireframe prototyping tool
- 2+ years of experience working on cross-functional teams with designers, tech writers, technical leads, and/or business leads
Inside this Business Group
- High proficiency with a wireframe prototyping tool
- Experience with leading research design and planning
- Knowledge with end-to-end product design
- Experience working with software developers as the user audience
- Experience with software coding or scripting, including Web, maker tools, analytics tools, programming languages
- Experience with Web-based UI usability and design
- Experience with large dataset analysis and Web analytics
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Massachusetts, Hudson
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.