Manufacturing IT (Automation) Applications Engineer
As a Manufacturing IT (Automation) Applications Engineer your responsibilities will be, but not be limited to:
- Integrates, tests, installs, configures, and/or supports Factory automation software systems.
- Coordinates factory requirements, maps them to automation systems capabilities, and recommends technical solutions.
- Applies advanced troubleshooting to automation system problems.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts to meet automation systems health goals, as well as emerging capability needs.
- Serves as site expert for a designated set of automation systems, including representing integrated needs in cross functional and cross site teams.
- Position may include some software development of related enhancements, supplemental systems, and/or support and monitoring tools.
In addition the ideal candidate should have the following behavioral skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work under high pressure during certain periods, including participating in crisis management and task forces with peers and customers.
- Self-driven to learn fast in a dynamic environment, demonstrating a high level of flexibility.
- Work effectively within teams, as well as independently.
- Strong customer orientation skills to interface with customers and/or stakeholders from remote sites.
- Strong problem solving skills using a structured approach.
- Solid commitment to task with attention to detail.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or any other related field.
3+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Windows management as pertains to application installs - IIS/FTP, Server Admin, Services, COM+
Experience/High degree of knowledge in:
Inside this Business Group
- Factory Applications or Business Processes.
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration.
- Web Administration with IIS.
- Computing infrastructure components, data centers, and system support.
- Database platforms Oracle RAC, MSSQL and experience with SQL queries/optimization.
- COM+ Applications.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.