MIT Applications Team is seeking an Automation Engineer to join our Durable Core Team (DCT) for Process Control Systems (PCS) applications.
As an Automation Engineer your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Integrates, tests, installs, configures, and/or supports automation software systems.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts to meet automation systems health goals, as well as emerging capability needs.
- Serves as worldwide expert for a designated set of automation systems, including representing and participates/leads cross-functional and cross-site teams to improve application stability.
- Provides script and software development of related enhancements, supplemental systems, and/or support and monitoring tools.
- Provides training to other members of the team. Updates training documentation and knowledge articles to improve MTTR.
- Utilities ISMP system to document all work and product releases.
- Creates/follows detailed checklists to ensure quality insertions and configuration updates to applications.
- Create productive relationships with and between key stakeholders.
In addition the ideal candidate should also have the following behavioral skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable working under high pressure during certain periods to participate in crisis management and task forces with peers and customers.
- Learns fast in a dynamic environment, demonstrating a high level of flexibility.
- Works effectively within teams, as well as independently.
- Strong customer orientation skills to interface with customers and/or stakeholders from remote sites.
- Strong problem solving skills using a structured approach.
- Solid commitment to task with attention to detail.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering or any other related field.
1+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Windows management as pertains to application installs - IIS/FTP, Server Admin, Services, COM+.
Inside this Business Group
- Knowledge of Factory Applications or Business Processes.
- Databases with including Oracle, MSSQL and experience with SQL queries/optimization.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.