As part of Technology CAD group within Intel’s Technology & Manufacturing Department, you will be working in a dynamic team environment that develops and applies physics-based modeling tools for simulating the creation and behavior of microelectronic devices and structures on Intel's microprocessors. As a TCAD Software Engineer, you will participate in research and development of next generation TCAD tools, which are important contributors to Intel’s march along Moore’s Law. Specific duties include research and development of advanced SW and applications involving computational geometry, mesh generation algorithms, graph theory, computer graphics, scientific visualization, and parallel programming.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work, classes, research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences
- Candidate must be actively pursuing a Masters or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering Computer Science Chemical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Physics Computer Engineering or other relevant related degrees with software focus
- Candidate must be an active student throughout the internship length
- Minimum of 6 months of work or educational experience in the following:
CAD tool development.
Inside this Business Group
- 6+ months experience in computational geometry, meshing, scientific visualization or solid modeling.
- 6+ months experience programming in C/C++.
- 6+ months experience with scripting such as Python or equivalent desirable
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.