Cost and Inventory Software Developer
About the Team:
The Cost and Inventory team is responsible for Intel Cost and Inventory, which resides in the ICOST tool. Key objective is the simplification of costing and inventory valuation through system and process improvement and automation to support our finance user community.
About the Role:
We're looking for a software developer with experience on development, analysis and exploration skills, testing methodologies and production support.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of talented software developers and analysts to provide solutions to our finance user community.
The responsibilities to this role include (but are not limited to):
- Plan, design, develop and test software enhancements to an existing application that provides support to the finance user community.
- Analyzes new business needs in order to come up with technical requirements that later on need to be developed, also in charge of testing and integration of application components; Ensure the system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Drives unit test, functional and end to end testing.
- Be well versed in the latest development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, DevOps and KANBAN.
- Due to the nature of the service, part of the tasks of this role includes assembling existing components into a higher scale solution for business integrations.
- Besides working on development tasks, this role is also part of the production support model for a custom application that provides service to the cost and inventory finance community. These tasks support keeping the business running during month close activities and other finance cycles.
- Problem Analysis and Solving to reduce technical debt and improve the sustainability of the application
Behavioral traits desired:
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Work as a team with developers to troubleshoot application problems related to the database
- Good to work within a diverse team environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- 2+ years' experience programming on SQL scripting: designing, writing and troubleshooting complex queries, stored procedures, functions, tables, and indexes
- 2+ years' experience programming on .Net Framework
- Advanced verbal and written English skills
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field
- Knowledge on how to initiate T-SQL performance tuning and query optimization
- Experience working with code version control tools such as Git, GitLab
- Experience working Angular, Node.js and REACT
- Experience with the creation of SSIS projects, reports using SSRS, and MS Power BI
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.