IT Software Development Engineer
We are looking for an experienced IT Software Development Engineer to join our technical leads in setting technical direction and driving technical strategy to deliver innovative manufacturing solutions. The scope covers automation capabilities (full stack software development), IoT solutions, data analytics, image analytics, or combination of any of the above that integrates different technologies to creatively solve business problems.
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud based or internet related tools.
- Analyzes requirements, tests and integrates application components; Ensure the system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Drives unit test automation.
- Be well versed in the latest development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, DevOps and test driven development.
- Should also enable solutions that take into account APIs, security, scalability, manageability, usability, and other critical factors that contribute to complete solutions.
- Usually holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Computer Science, Data Science or related discipline (Statistics, Software Engineering etc.)
- 7+ years of working experience in application development.
- Experienced in applying Agile DevOps model for application development including Scrum Processes, Test Driven Development, Continuous Deployment, Continuous Integration, Automated Build, etc.
- Proficiency with one or more Biz Intelligence or Data Science related programming or scripting languages such as R, SQL, SAS, Python, JMP, SQL PathFinder, machine learning, image analytics.
- Experience with manufacturing operations and factory systems will be an added advantage
- Strong intrinsic problem-solving skills, ability to structure and solve problems and conduct and interpret analysis independently, make decisions that move the project forward
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills to drive strategy technical direction.
- Work well with others and demonstrate strong team player behavior.
- Analytical Skills: Able to recognize the needs of customers, and create new applications that answer those needs.
- Invent new ways of approaching problems and developing innovative applications.
- Attention to Details: Applications have many parts and all must work together for the application to function.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.