Your primary responsibility is to prepare and release Yocto BSP to meet platform requirements by following standard Yocto Project development guidelines.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare base project recipe files and provide initial build and incremental updates to include development updates for platform feature completion.
- Maintains healthy integration branch at all times during Platform feature enablement.
- Works with respective team to setup continuous integration process for platform and automated build of platform Yocto BSP.
- Works with respective team to prepare Integration hardware setup to execute integration test suit after each automated Yocto build.
- Monitor automated builds and attached test suite to take corrective actions in case of failures.
- Use software and hardware debugging tools to analyze, root cause and troubleshoot issues.
- Follows Software quality release guidelines defined by organization to meet overall platform Yocto BSP release criteria.
- Implements and maintains upstream capable Yocto recipes for Platform meta-layers.
- Initiate regular recipe code reviews with technical manager and act on review comments to ensure good quality Yocto code base.
- Software development using C, shell script and python scripts.
- Prepare the material development such as Platform bring-up guide, software reference manual, release notes etc.
You must possess a BS/MS/PhD in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Other qualifications include:
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment and with others in cross-site organizations.
- Good work experience in Linux BSP.
- Strong Programming Skills in C, shell script and python script.
- Good understanding of Yocto Project development methodologies and debug techniques.
- Experience in Yocto recipe implementation and other Yocto project techniques to speed up development and optimize BSP.
- Strong debugging and System Integration skills. Must be capable of troubleshooting Linux BSP and Yocto related issues in Yocto Linux system.
- Good understanding of OS and kernel system and continuous integration process.
- Working knowledge in the software engineering development lifecycle process.
- Knowledge of Intel, SPARC, ARM architecture and PC/Embedded systems.
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.