Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platform Group (DPG) as an Hardware Electrical Validation Engineer!
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Hardware Validation Engineer in Intel's Data Platform Group (DPG). In the Networking Platforms Operations (NPO) Hardware Architecture and Design Engineering team, this is a key role in the Ethernet NIC electrical validation team. The Hardware Validation Engineer is responsible for the development of test plans, product validation, debug and improve/refine the testing methodology.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Board level validation including review of requirements, schematics, and board layout, test plan creation and driving the execution of test plans.
- Testing circuit board DC/DC power supplies, lasers, high-speed digital signal integrity, using oscilloscopes, lab power supplies, digital millimeters, and BERTs.
- Working with an experienced team of Engineers.
- Directing technicians to execute test plans.
- Investigating, debugging, and root causing bugs.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Strong technical and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, solutions oriented.
- Results oriented and an excellent team player.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 1 years of industry work experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 1 or more years of experience using Oscilloscopes, lab power supplies, digital multi-meters, thermal chambers, and debug.
- 1 or more years of experience using MS office to include Excel.
- 1 or more years of experience with LabVIEW and Python.
- 1 or more years of experience with soldering.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Bit Error Testers, ESD Scanner, and automated testing.
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.