HVM Quality/Reliability Engineer
- You will be working as a member of the Intel Optane Group's HVM Quality and Reliability team
- The candidate will be part of IOG Quality and Reliability team responsible for product development engineering and manufacturing support of IOGs high performance, revolutionary Optane Solid State Drives and DIMMs in the Asia Factories.
- Responsibility includes to identify and resolve module failures during product development and qualification, manufacturing and customer returns .
- The candidate will identify fail modes, complete electrical FA on module and/or components to understand the root cause and provide containment and fixes.
- He/she will use appropriate tools such as bench testers, oscilloscope, and other test systems to do drive level failure analysis and debug.
- The person will closely work with IOG Engg teams and other partners organizations e.g. Product Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineer, Design Engineer, Firmware, Material, and NSG's OSAT/ODMs, etc. to ensure adequate quality/reliability of Intel-branded SSD/DIMM modules.
- Also develop cost effective production monitoring and screening schemes to ensure process is stable and products meet committed quality and reliability performance.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Determining appropriate production monitoring and screening schemes for reliability requirements to achieve company, customer and other reliability objectives.
- Designing and executing experiments to identify, segment, characterize and model NVM reliability mechanisms.
- Developing empirical and physics-based reliability modeling methods and tools for reliability risk assessments.
- Working with upstream and downstream partners such as FAB, OSAT, Product Engineering, Test Engineering team and Product QnR etc. to sustain and improve quality and reliability management process.
- Weekly reporting of various quality/reliability indictors to be shared with Intel customers and other Internal mgmt. forums
- You may be expected to lead small cross-functional groups of engineers on multi-disciplinary technical projects to solve complex reliability issues- such as, during technology development and ramp to high-volume manufacturing.
- BS degree in Material Sciences, Microelectronics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical, Physics or related field and 6+ years of industrial experience
- Master's degree in Material Sciences, Microelectronics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical, Physics or related field and 3+ years of industrial experience.
- Fluent Oral/Written English.
- Good at digital/analog circuit knowledge and/or good test methodology coding and/or failure analysis experience.
- Coding skills with C++/Python is a solid plus (At least 18months)
- Good teamwork and the ability to work well with both internal/external teams from US and Asia
- Regular travel which may include extended stay in the US or within Asia.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience on Non-volatile memories, especially device, product or reliability engineering
- Any experience with PC/Memory Architecture, SSDs or HDDs is a plus
- Reliability failure statistics, physics, or failure mechanisms.
- Computer programming for testing, preferably of memories, and data acquisition, reduction and analysis.
- Semiconductor fabrication process, packaging assembly and testing, and/or board system technology operation
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.