SoC Design Engineer
Intel’s Optane Technology is a new breakthrough in non-volatile memory technology and is revolutionizing the NVM landscape.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for SoC (System on a Chip) development.
- Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation.
- Performs Logic design for integration of cell libraries, functional units and subsystems into SoC full chip designs, Register Transfer Level coding, and simulation for SoCs.
- Contributes to the development of multidimensional designs involving the layout of complex integrated circuits.
- Performs all aspects of the SoC design flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, timing and power to create a design database that is ready for manufacturing.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operation infrastructure, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results.
- May also review vendor capability to support development.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
4+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Physical Design/Structural Design experience in back-end design (RTL to Tape-In).
- Synthesis with Synopsys Design Compiler DCT.
- Static Timing Analysis including Constraint understanding clock stamping and timing closure.
- DFT Scan Insertion and coverage analysis.
- Place and Route.
- Clock tree synthesis.
- Multiple Power Domain Analysis using standard Power Formats UPF or CPF.
- Validation of physical design including timing, electrical rules, DRC/LVS, Noise, electro migration checks.
- Scripting to automate tasks and improve debug efficiency.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Inside this Business Group
- Formal equivalence verification experience.
- Experience with Spyglass-LP
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.