Software QA Engineer
- Debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans.
- Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Analyzes test results to ensure correct functionality, determine root causes of failures and recommends corrective action.
- Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
- Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering Computer engineering or related areas.
- At least 4 years experience in ASIC or FPGA design flows and tools.
- Solid knowledge of RTL development and verification methodology employing any HDL preferably Verilog.
- Skilled Linux Unix environment user.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language such as Perl Tcl or Shell.
- Ability to communicate well in English.
Inside this Business Group
- Knowledge of ASIC design flow and tools such as Synopsys Design Compiler, VCS Prime Time.
- Experience with automated software testing.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.