As an Applications Engineer, you will work with customers, Intel PSG and Distribution field personnel in multiple geographies, and specialist colleagues to enable design wins and bring issues to closure as efficiently as possible. You will also have opportunities to support all phases of the design process. You will learn software design flow for FPGA, FPGA hardware architecture, as well as be involved as required from concept through system level implementation. Your typical day-to-day interaction will be resolving Intel PSG worldwide customer issues related to digital design system and interface protocols (IP) such as PCI Express, Ethernet and External Memory Interface, through an established Intel PSG Technical Support platform.
- BSEE/MSEE or equivalent with relevant experience in digital design
- Willingness and ability to work in a customer-facing role
- Highly motivated to learn and adapt to fast-changing technologies and environments
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills, and ability to drive issues to closure
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Familiar with FPGA/ASIC design with Verilog or VHDL, standard EDA flows, timing closure, design synthesis, verification tool flows, and hardware debug
- Experience in high speed protocols design, such as PCIE, Ethernet, is a strong advantage
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.