Intel Programmable Solutions Group is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven Software Applications Engineer to work with customers, distribution field personnel and specialist colleagues in multiple geographies, to enable design wins and bring issues to closure as efficiently as possible.
Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in design debug, optimization and/or verification of high-performance FPGAs using Intel and third-party design software features (e.g. Intel Quartus Prime, Synthesis, Simulation, Compilation, Timing Analysis, System Debug Tools, internal/external Intellectual Properties, etc.) If required, work closely with other stakeholders and orchestrate available resources in order to fully resolve customer issues and queries
- Create application notes, demos, example designs and/or reference designs to demonstrate the usage of Intel FPGA features
- Gather feedback and anticipate future customer requirements to contribute to product planning and enhancement to improve customer user experience
- Participate in technical collateral review and/or development
The successful candidate's qualifications will include the following:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Software/Computer Engineering or equivalent with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills with ability to drive issues to closure are essential
- Clear verbal and written communications skills in English are required
- Experienced in FPGA or ASIC design including Verilog/VHDL/System Verilog coding, Standard EDA flows, and Synthesis tools
- Good understanding of timing concepts, timing constraints and experience with RTL code optimizations for timing closure or FPGA debugging will be an advantage.
- Proven track record of driving great results managing stakeholders or working directly with customers
- Highly motivated to learn and adapt to fast-changing technologies and environments
- Willing and able to travel per business needs
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.