System Validation Engineering Manager
This role is for a first line manager in the Datacenter Platform Integration and Validation Team. The role will require skills in people management, stakeholder management; plus technical expertise in system validation.
The role will require solid time management and logistics skills to handle periodic releases, establishing the cadence for the team and provide appropriate communication.
As a manager:
- Set priorities for the team,
- Get results across boundaries,
- Ensure an inclusive work environment, develop employees, and manage performance.
- Plans, provides resources for and directs activities in engineering function to meet schedules, standards, and cost.
- Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions.
- Provides guidance on employee development, performance, and productivity issues.
- Plans and schedules daily tasks, uses judgement on a variety of problems requiring deviation from standard practices.
- Inadequacies and erroneous decisions would cause moderate inconvenience and expense.
- Logical solving problem skills, have strong team work skills and a desire to participate and create a good working environment.
- People Management attributes are a must.
- Solid program management skills.
- Solid communication skills in English.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates
- Candidate will have a minimum of a BS in Electrical Engineering Computer Engineering or Computer Science Masters Degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in engineering and engineering management.
- 5+ years of experience in leading technical teams.
- Advanced English level.
Inside this Business Group
- Knowledge of Intel Xeon Atom server processors and platforms.
- Experience in managing engineering across the product life cycle including development and validation.
- Experience in data center server products.
- Previous people management experience is desired.
The Data Platforms Engineering and Architecture (DPEA) Group invents, designs & builds the world's most critical computing platforms which fuel Intel's most important business and solve the world's most fundamental problems. DPEA enables that data center which is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.