Intel System Software Engineering (SSE) Team is a leading organization in the open source community (e.g. Linux kernel, virtualization, Web technology, Android, and Cloud) and the software industry. It is an organization with a strong technical atmosphere, spirit of innovation, and collaborative environment. Cloud Software Engineering in SSE has been leading cloud software development including networking, storage, IaaS orchestration, cloud native, PaaS, and edge computing etc. in open source programs such as OpenStack, Kubernetes, Ceph, Akraino, container runtimes and service mesh. We build technical leadership in the projects, and contribute to feature development, stability, scalability, security, simplicity, interoperability, and performance optimization in open source.
We are looking for cloud talents to work with our engineering teams across different departments in multiple countries, even the ecosystem and the open source community. You will focus on Kubernetes and cloud orchestration:
- Participate in feature design and implementation by working with other Intel teams together, to deliver Intel Architecture platform features or best performance solutions on IA platforms.
- Grow Intel's technical leadership in the open source community for cloud native domain, e.g. CNCF, including architecture design, code contributions, code review, lead SIG and WG groups, winning status of code maintainer, project lead, group chair and technical committee member, and building technical influence on project direction in the community.
- Work with the industry to drive the cloud native domain with Intel's strategy, enable Intel's customers in the technology development, deployment and business wins, which contribute to Intel's cloud business growth.
- Evangelize and influence the open source community, may represent Intel in various working groups or committees, and present at various conferences.
- Bachelor Master or Doctor candidate in CS or EE related majors
- Excellent understanding of Intel architecture and also familiar with Linux operating systems
- Proficient in programming languages such as C/C++, Java and Golang.
- Understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure architectures
- Expertise in one or more of virtualization, containers, network, storage, Power and Performance (PnP) or security is a plus
- Experiences of operating data centers running workloads on cloud or optimizing workloads is a plus
- Strong technical communication skills in English
- Collaborative, innovative, self motivated and adaptive to change
- Experienced in working with global teams and with customers and partners from the industry
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.