Director Capacity Planning
The Global Supply Chain organization contracts and sources tens of billions of dollars on behalf of Intel Corporation. The scope of the organization covers a wide range of goods and services from direct materials and equipment, to construction, software, consulting, health care benefits, travel, logistics and so much more. The organization's key goals are: 1) ensuring uninterrupted supply to our customers, 2) delivering product and manufacturing affordability through the best total cost, and 3) enabling products and the supply ecosystem to deliver non-linear value to the corporation.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the leadership team that collaborates with the BUs and our Substrate suppliers to deliver supply chain sourcing for Intel's product portfolio. The group is responsible for managing substrates supply, and partners with the external ecosystem, internal Business Units, Divisions, Technology & Development, HVM, Planning & Logistics to develop substrates sourcing and supply chain solutions.
This position is responsible to lead the complex supply line capacity planning management for substrates supply chain to meet Intel's technology, product, supply, and cost roadmap. This leadership role is also responsible to manage the overall substrates demand through strategic capacity planning for substrates supply chain.
The – Director capacity planning will be responsible for but not limited to:
Sourcing strategy and execution:
- Proactively partner with Intel’s business units (BU), divisions, Assembly & Test Manufacturing (ATM), Planning & Logistics (CPLG) to deliver substrate supply chain solutions aligned with multi-generational product roadmaps through the entire product life cycle. This includes identifying and shaping the sourcing strategies and engaging in the supplier selections for new opportunities.
- Manage substrate demand through capacity and business continuity for all products at Intel’s substrate supply chain for both short term and long-range planning (LRP) horizon to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Develop and deliver high-level messaging on supply line performance through presentations for a variety of forums and audiences including top Intel executives and internal customer leadership.
Complex Strategic Sourcing:
- Developing and executing complex long-range sourcing plans, while managing strategic sourcing adjustments and allocations supporting product demand.
- A clear understanding of internal processes and compliance as we navigate through the complexities will be preferred.
- Proactively shape and orchestrate supply chain sourcing information digestible at all levels of the company.
- Prepare and present substrate sourcing deliverables to a variety of executive forums with effective and efficient orchestration of communication packages.
- Know the suppliers, their culture, vision/mission, market positioning, financial positioning, R&D trend and technology roadmap synergies, executive body strength, and expertise, manufacturing operations, and supply chain understanding internal dynamics (example business processes, decision forums, approvals).
- Having a pulse on the supplier performance at Intel and providing escalation support knowing when to personally engage, and whom to engage at the supplier, to deliver results.
- Provide insight into implications for Intel's businesses and recommend actions to proactively strengthen Intel's supply chain strategies and supplier engagement model to strengthen business outcomes.
- Influence difficult suppliers with leadership status in the industry.
- Experience in Asia-Pacific supplier management is a huge plus.
- Establish a relationship and navigate engagement with the supplier, influencing the executive level to drive Intel's Agenda.
- Coach and grow Intel's supply line management resources.
Business and Industry Acumen:
- Extensive knowledge of silicon manufacturing fab operations, process integration, product engineering, quality processes, technology know-how, and product development and integration know-how.
- Expertise in end-to-end supply chain management.
- Comprehend the competitive supplier landscape, demand trends, strategic threats, and opportunities for the supply chain and create healthy competition within the supply chain to benefit from key business and growth segments.
- Proven leadership capabilities in a multi-cultural and cross-functional team environment.
- Influence across organizations.
- Assertive and self-driven.
- Interpersonal communication, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Independent and highly self-motivated
- Adapt and swiftly respond to changes in the business environment.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. Degree in Engineering, or related field of study.
- 10+ years of Supply line and Capacity Management experience.
- 5+ years in a leadership role working in a fabless environment, with external manufacturing and suppliers.
- Experience in substrates supply chain is a huge plus.
- This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
Inside this Business Group
- MBA degree.
- Experience in contracting, collaboration/investments, and acquisitions.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro;US, Texas, Austin
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Recruiter....