Come join us. Our Cloud and Enterprise Solutions Group (CESG) Software Center of Excellence team is looking for software performance/optimization engineers to work with our largest hyperscaler cloud service provider customers. As an AI Hyperscaler Performance Engineer, you analyze the customers' AI workloads and optimize their frameworks, inference engines, primitive libraries, and/or graph compilers to improve their workloads' performance.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have extensive experience analyzing and optimizing code, executing deep learning models, and communicating complex solutions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below:
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Basic use of the hardware's memory hierarchy, registers, and ISA
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge and develop
In this growth position you will gain invaluable experience working with some of the brightest AI System's minds; both in the industry and within Intel. You will have the opportunity to work across the entire AI software system stack from ISA, to primitive optimizations, to graph-level optimizations, and to the AI cloud services. Your work, which will be used at scale by millions of end users, will have tremendous impact to the industry and Intel growth.
CESG is part of the global Data Platforms Group (DPG) organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide. This includes high-end co-processors for supercomputers, low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, and solutions for big data and intelligent devices.
- 1-2 years of experience analyzing and optimizing code C/C++/intrinsics to drive performance
- Ability to run deep learning models with TensorFlow and/or PyTorch and/or MXNet
- Experience as a user with source control systems Git and familiarized with CICD methodologies
- Experience with graph- and kernel-level optimizations in TensorFlow, PyTorch, or related library
- Experience using compiler profiler math and communication libraries
- Experience in analyzing performance of largescale applications
- Experience working with hardware chip platform solution architects
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.